Adults aged 50+, seniors and the elderly (Older Adults) have a myriad of reasons for why and when it’s time for a new home.
The “why” may be a desire to live closer to their children and grandchildren. Or, they might have grown weary of home and lawn maintenance. Other common factors and motivations include:
- Wanting to downsize after children have grown (Empty nest)
- Wanting a new home that is easier to live in (e.g., single level) as they age (Right-sizing)
- Wanting a warmer climate (Snow birds)
- Wanting a community that offers various activities (Active adult)
- Wanting to preserve retirement income
- Wanting a home that is closer to amenities (Walkability)
- A need for assistance due to health issues
- The death of a spouse
- The desire to have more interaction with other people
Why do Older Adults delay a move when they believe it’s time? Some of the reasons Ann has encountered are: procrastination, fear of the unknown, expense, desire to remain in their home even if is becoming more difficult, and/or they do not know how to move (steps of the process) or who to call for assistance.
The “when” to decide to sell your home (or help your parents sell their home) is simpler. If you’re asking the question, it’s probably soon.
Ann will help you with a free situation analysis that will lead you, step by step, towards an informed decision on moving to a new home. When you have reached that decision, we will work with you to develop a plan that includes a timeline to accomplish all of the steps leading from preparing your home for sale to the closing of the sale.
As a Seniors Real Estate Realtor, lifestyle transition consultant, advisor and problem solver, Ann will make sure you are well taken care of and informed about every step of selling your home and moving into your new home. Contact her anytime for a free Comparative Market Analysis of your home at: 303-919-4545 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.